From time to time, we receive requests to have certain evaluations and/or therapy visits for our enrolled students held here at Busy Bee Academy. While every effort will be made to try and accommodate our full-time families, we cannot guarantee the approval for each request. Please keep in mind that it is our policy that evaluations and therapy sessions are not to occur in any classroom while school is in session and must have prior approval.
Our medication policy is in effect for the safety of our staff and students. If an enrolled student requires medication during the school day, parents must inform the Director and complete all the necessary paperwork in order for it to be administered.
All seasons bring the possibility of colds, the flu and allergies. Remember to use your best judgment when determining if you should send your child to school. A child doesn’t need to say home with just a few sniffles, however if a heavy cold is just beginning, some extra rest could be the difference between a severe illness and a quick cold. Also, it’s the season for stomach bugs which, as we are all aware, are extremely contagious. Any child who has vomited must be kept home until they are twenty-four hour vomit-free before returning to school. For the safety of all our children and teachers, it is extremely necessary for all of our parents to adhere to our guidelines. Please remember that if you child is ill or not feeling well, it is in their best interest to stay home. A doctor’s note is required to return to school for all children sent home with a contagious illness. If any medication is administered to your child prior to coming to school, we must be notified in case of any emergencies or adverse reactions.
FEVER: If your child has a fever of 100.5º or higher, regardless of the cause, they should remain at home until they have been without fever for at least 24 hours (without the aid of fever reducing medication.) Therefore, if your child is sent home with fever, they will not be allowed to attend Busy Bee the next day.
ANTIBIOTICS: Children must have at least three doses of antibiotics before returning to Busy Bee. If the third dose occurs during the school day, they should not return until the following school day. Until then, they are still considered contagious.
COLDS: Children can have colds that last for several weeks. While we do not expect you to keep them out of school for that long, please refrain from bringing in children who are obviously not up to being at school. (i.e., severe, green runny nose, wet, hacking coughs, lethargic or very sleepy.)
PINK EYE (Conjunctivitis): Once antibiotic treatment has been given for 24 hours, bacterial conjunctivitis is not generally contagious. There is, however, a second type of viral conjunctivitis that is highly contagious for several days. Please consult your child’s doctor before bringing your child to Busy Bee who is ill with Conjunctivitis. Child must have doctor’s note to return to school. If your doctor does not prescribe drops for your child, child must remain home for at least 48 hours until discharge has stopped.
STREP THROAT: 24 Hours after antibiotic treatment has started, the child is no longer considered contagious. Please let us know if your child has been diagnosed, as we must notify all other students.
VOMITING/DIARRHEA: If a child vomits or has severe diarrhea, they will be sent home from Busy Bee. Please be sure your child is at least 24 hours free from vomiting/diarrhea before returning to school.
EAR INFECTIONS: If a child has been diagnosed with an ear infection, please keep them home until they have had at least 3 doses of their antibiotic and written approval from their pediatrician that they are not contagious and can return to school. If your pediatrican does not prescribe antibiotics, your child should remain home for at least 24 hours after the diagnosis and still have a doctor’s note to return to school.
Any time you are not sure if your child is well enough to come to Busy Bee, the best decision is to keep them at home. For the protection of all the teachers and children in our care, we reserve the right to restrict the attendance of a child who is obviously ill. Please have pre-arranged backup care for times when you may need to leave your child at home. Thanks!
Every effort will be made to remain open on all regularly scheduled days. However, in the event of dangerous weather conditions or any emergency, the Center will close. It is important to have pre-arranged back-up care ready for such an occasion.
We typically follow the Fairfield and Montville Twp. Public School inclement weather closing and delays schedule. Remember that we DO NOT utilize a phone chain for inclement weather notification.
When the weather is questionable, contact our main Busy Bee phone line 973-882-8687. Our answering machine will be updated by 6:30am with delayed opening or school closing information. In case of an early dismissal, we will contact you directly on that day.
Per state regulations, Busy Bee has an expulsion policy that must be signed by parents prior to enrollment. A copy of our Expulsion Policy is included in each student’s enrollment kit. For more information, please contact our Director.
Busy Bee Academy provides an early childhood program that gives your child opportunities to learn, play and work with other children, to develop skills needed for success in school and to participate in enjoyable activities, which will enrich their preschool experience. Our primary goal is to involve your child in a program that assists them to function successfully as individuals as well as group members, and gives them the feeling that learning is fun, exciting, challenging and rewarding.
BENEFITS OF OUR EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION PROGRAM:
- expanding communication skills through conversations and classroom experiences such as art, music, Spanish, computers, social studies, mathematics, block building, dramatic play, etc.
- challenging and imaginative activities that allow children to express themselves in original and creative ways;
- developing the ability to listen, follow directions, take turns, and respect the property rights of others;
- developing enjoyment and appreciation of music through listening, singing, dramatizing, rhythm and creative movement;
- discovering the community and its people through walks and special guests;
- enhancing and increasing manual dexterity through art, block play, lacing and other manipulative materials;
- experiencing success through achievement, rather than through expectancy;
- developing positive self-identity, self-image and self-acceptance.
DEVELOPMENTAL SKILLS ENHANCED BY OUR PROGRAM:
- fine motor skills: writing, cutting, pasting, lacing
- gross motor skills: climbing, jumping
- eye-hand coordination
- left to right progression (pre-reading skill)
- one to one interaction
- recognition of shapes, colors, alphabet, numerals and safety signs
- math concepts: measuring, comparisons, sequence, classification, etc.
- beginner computer proficiency
- scientific ideas: cause/effect, weather, time
- socialization skills: group living, sharing, getting along with others
- family –style dining: setting tables, pouring, serving, cleaning up after self
- nutrition, good eating habits, new foods, manners, politeness, personal hygiene
- language development: vocabulary, pre-reading/readiness skills, letter sounds
- classroom etiquette and kindergarten readiness
|By registering and/or using the Busy Bee Academy, Inc. site you agree (for yourself and on Your company’s behalf) to the following rules and regulations without limitation or qualification (the “Agreement”).Busy Bee Academy may at any time revise this Agreement. You are bound by such revisions and should therefore periodically visit to review the current Agreement. Your continued use of the Busy Bee Academy Site shall indicate your acceptance of the Agreement as amended. This Agreement was last revised July 23, 2012.
1. Use of the Busy Bee Academy Portal
This Agreement provides you with a personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Busy Bee Academy site, conditioned on Your continued compliance with his Agreement.
You agree not to copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, translate, distribute, transmit, reverse engineer, frame, decompile, or dissemble any aspect of the Busy Bee Academy site(including any prices or service descriptions). Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Busy Bee Academy Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
You hereby undertake and agree:
2. Use of the Busy Bee Academy Site
You understand that some information offered through the Busy Bee Academy Site is offered by third parties that operate services independently from Busy Bee Academy. You assume total responsibility and risk for Your use of services and the information about them offered through Busy Bee Academy.
3. Change of information and Busy Bee Academy Portal
Information in this web site and the web site itself may be changed and updated without prior notice.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
All textual, graphical and other content created by or for Busy Bee Academy and appearing on this web site is the property of Busy Bee Academy, Inc., 390 Fairfield Road, Fairfield, NJ 07004. Republication or citation of any content generated by the Busy Bee Academy site without Busy Bee Academy’s written consent is expressly prohibited. This web site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed.
5. Hyperlinked web sites
Busy Bee Academy makes no warranties or representations whatsoever regarding any other web sites, which You may access through this web site. Third party web sites are independent from Busy Bee Academy has no control over the content of such web sites, nor does Busy Bee Academy have any control over the collection of personal information by third party web sites. In addition, a link to a non-Busy Bee Academy web site does not mean that Busy Bee Academy endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or the use of such web site.
6. Received Comments or Suggestions
Any comments or suggestions sent to Busy Bee Academy become the property of Busy Bee Academy and may be used without limitation.
7. Exclusion of Warranties/Limitation of Liability/Indemnification
THE BUSY BEE ACADEMY SITE IS PROVIDED BY BUSY BEE ACADEMY ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAIABLE” BASIS. BUSY BEE ACADEMY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE BUSY BEE ACADEMY SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON THE BUSY BEE ACADEMY SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE BUSY BEE ACADEMY SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, BUSY BEE ACADEMY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Your Security & Privacy
I. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM SITE USERS
- Busy Bee Academy may collect and/or track (1) the home server domain names, e-mail addresses, type of computer, and type of Web browser of visitors to the Site, (2) the e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with Busy Bee or the Site via e-mail, (3) information knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms, registration forms, surveys, and contest entries (including name, address, e-mail and other personal profile data), and (4) aggregate and user-specific information regarding page views.
- When a visitor performs a search within the Site, Busy Bee may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed. Busy Bee may also record limited information associated with every search request made by the visitor and use that information to, among other things, solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
- Busy Bee may place Internet “cookies” on visitors’ hard drives. Internet cookies save data about individual visitors, such as the visitor’s name, password, user-name, screen preferences, the pages of a site viewed by the visitor, and the advertisements viewed or clicked by the visitor. When the visitor revisits the Site, Busy Bee may recognize the visitor by the Internet cookie and customize the visitor’s experience accordingly. Visitors may decline Internet cookies, if any, by using the appropriate feature of their Web client software, if available; however, this may impair certain features of the Site.
II. USE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Busy Bee may use personally identifiable information in a number of ways, such as:
- To communicate with you about your account, or to communicate information about the Site.
- To build higher-quality, more useful services, such as by analyzing usage trends, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Site.
- To provide you with prompt and effective customer service.
- To support the operation of the Site (such as account maintenance and record-keeping), troubleshoot problems, resolve disputes, and to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- To inform you about services related to Busy Bee. You will have the option of opting out of further communications of this type by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please refer to Section VII below.)
III. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Busy Bee may disclose personally identifiable information about you to Third Parties as follows:
- With your consent.
- To facilitate a transaction or communication with a Third Party that you have initiated.
- To Busy Bee’s agents and advisors (such as our accountants or attorneys). We only disclose the personal information necessary for them to provide their services to you or to us, and only under strict confidentiality restrictions.
- As Busy Bee believes necessary to: (a) comply with law (including court and government orders, and civil subpoenas); (b) enforce or apply Busy Bee’s Terms and Conditions and Rules and Regulations and other agreements; or (c) protect the rights, property, or safety of Busy Bee, our users, or others.
- If you partake (or we reasonably suspect that you are partaking) in any illegal or potentially illegal activity. We may disclose personal information even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order, to the extent we feel is necessary to inform and cooperate with law enforcement agencies or other appropriate authorities.
- In aggregated form, i.e., information about multiple users collectively without identifying any individual user, such as the total number of visitors to the Site in a given week.
- In connection with a transfer, reorganization or otherwise, to a successor-in-interest to Busy Bee’s organization or its other material assets.
IV. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA FROM CHILDREN
To the extent that Busy Bee is able to determine the age of users by their submissions to, or communications with, the Site, Busy Bee will not knowingly (a) collect or post information from individuals under eighteen years of age (“Children” or “Child”) without their parent’s or guardian’s consent, or (b) provide any personally identifying information collected from Children, regardless of its source, to any Third Party for any purpose whatsoever.
V. SECURITY MEASURES
Busy Bee uses advanced technology to ensure security on all data transmitted via the Site. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology is used to transmit all data between browsers and our web server where applicable. In order to use the Site, users must be running an SSL-capable browser such as MS Internet Explorer 4.0 (or later version) or Netscape Navigator 4.0 (or a later version).
VI. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
VII. OPT-OUT RIGHT
Visitors may opt-out of having their personal information collected by Busy Bee, used by Busy Bee for secondary purposes, or used by Busy Bee to send promotional correspondence to the visitor, by contacting Busy Bee via email at: email@example.com or via postal mail at the address below. To the extent you choose to continue using the Site, however, we may use your personal information as may be reasonably necessary in connection with such use.
VIII. BUSY BEE ‘S RIGHT TO CONTACT VISITOR
IX. ACCESS TO AND ABILITY TO CORRECT PERSONAL DATA
Upon request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone (during our regular business hours), Busy Bee will provide to visitors a summary of any personally identifiable information retained by Busy Bee regarding the visitor. Visitors may modify, correct, change or update personally identifiable information that Busy Bee has collected through the Site or may cause their personal record to be removed from Busy Bee’s database by contacting Busy Bee via postal mail, e-mail, or the telephone number indicated below.
X. CONTACT INFORMATION
|Mailing address:Busy Bee Academy, Inc.
390 Fairfield Road
Fairfield, NJ 07004
Attn: Debra LaSala, Parent Coordinator